The Oscars

Obviously, the Oscars are coming up, so I'm putting my two cents out there about who I'd like to see win...

Best Picture: Brokeback Mountain
I still want to see Good Night, Good Luck before I make a final decision, but man, I can't imagine it being better than Brokeback Mountain.

Actor In a Leading Role: Philip Seymour Hoffman (Capote)

Actress In a Leading Role: Keira Knightley (Pride & Prejudice)
It seems like all of the actresses in this category are kind of dark horses. The most obvious choice is Reese Witherspoon for Walk the Line, but I have a feeling someone like Judy Dench (Mrs. Henderson Presents), a more seasoned actress, will come out triumphant.

Actor In a Supporting Role: Jake Gyllenhaal (Brokeback Mountain)
I'm a little impatial here because I'm smitten with him...

Actress In a Supporting Role: Michelle Williams (Brokeback Mountain)
I just want to see Williams win because I think it's surreal that she's even nominated. I still get that Paula Cole song stuck in my head whenever I see her. I do like Rachel Weisz (The Constant Gardener) though and Amy Adams looked great in her role in Junebug though I haven't seen it.

Animated Feature: Howl's Moving Castle
I think Wallace and Gromit will win here, but Howl's Moving Castle's only fault was that it wasn't as good as recent Miyazaki hits. It's still, however, superior to most animation out there.

Art Direction: Pride & Prejudice

Cinematography: Brokeback Mountain

Costume Design: Pride & Prejudice

Directing: Ang Lee (Brokeback Mountain)

Documentary Feature: March of the Penguins

Film Editing: The Constant Gardener

Visual Effects: Sin City
No, it wasn't actually nominated. Dumb Academy fucks.

Writing (Adapted Screenplay): History of Violence
Well, it would be cool to see a comic book adaptation win, though it's a long shot...

Writing (Original Screenplay): Match Point
This was just a great, overlooked movie. I think I may have liked this better than Brokeback Mountain...

Obviously, I left out some categories I didn't want to arbitrarily pick a winner for. I feel bad that I didn't see any of the Foreign Language Film nominees. Anyways, see the complete list yourself at The Oscar's Official Site.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 200 Horror Movies (2019 Edition)

Marvel Legend Wishlist (Updated 2022)

Marvel Legends Wish List