In Passing...Bulleteer to Silver Sable

Two Marvel and two DC books to review this week. Kinda lame, but at least I squeaked in a Speakeasy title earlier this week (and would have had another one if my local stores had carried The Flying Friar). Ah, well. Here they are...

Y - the Last Man #42 - I keep getting really really close to dropping this title, but I was sad that I didn't get The Flying Friar, so to fill the empty void that the friar left behind, I bought the damn thing. Even though I did enjoy this issue, I think this is definitely a series I could do without. I may watch for how it's being collected and read Y-the Last Man that route, but some exciting shit has to go down next to keep my interest as is. This issue focused on the lovable monkey Ampersand and followed his journey from just before the plague hit to the present, giving us glimpses into how Yorick's relationship really sat with Beth before she left for Australia, and linking some seemingly random events together. And, of course, it shows what Ampersand has had to endure since parting with Yorick. All in all, a pretty good issue in a pretty mediocre series. 8/10

Seven Soldiers: Bulleteer #3 (of 4) - Another awesome issue. I feel like there's not much I can say to make people buy this with what everyone else is saying, so I'll leave it at that and add that I loved the characters Morrison added to the series - Mind Grabber Man, Sally Sonic, Thumbelina and Miss Stellamaris the mer...uh, person. 9/10

Sable & Fortune #2 (of 4) - The second silver woman of the week, Silver Sable, continued her adventure with Dominic Fortune amid gorgeous art and classic spy action. I love Brendan Cahill's portrayal of Silver Sable here. She's such a cold-hearted bitch. And if there's anything I love, it's a cold-hearted bitch. In heels. In a silver, low-cut top and big hair. 8.2/10

X-Factor #3 - Art changed hands halfway through the issue again. I hope this isn't an indicator for how the rest of the series is going to play out. I would personally rather wait a little longer for more consistency. I wasn't too jarred however, as the art styles are fairly similar and the panels were constructed much better than the previous issue. I can certainly forgive it for now especially if Peter David keeps up with the top-notch storytelling. 9.4/10

Last movie I saw in theaters: Match Point
Last graphic novel I read: In the Shadow of No Towers - Art Spiegelman
Graphic novel I'm currently reading: One Hundred Demons - Lynda Berry
Last episode Patrick and I watched in our Buffy marathon: "Earshot"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 200 Horror Movies (2019 Edition)

Marvel Legend Wishlist (Updated 2022)

Marvel Legends Wish List