Nana

"Nana" is the featured 100-page story in the first issue of "Shojo Beat." It's the first part of the popular girls' manga in Japan, by the creator of "Paradise Kiss." This was actually the first shojo manga I ever read. My manga reading history has been pretty scarce, consisting of the fantasy "Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind," the bloody "Battle Royale," silly "Ranma 1/2," and a little bit of the horror title "Tomie." This was completely different. It's about a girl who wants a boyfriend and has some extremely bad luck, so tries having a boy friend without any romantic ties at all. The character of Nana is wonderful and her past, the little revealing moments, all come in the perfect places and are just so well executed, that I have to wonder if this is the best comic story that I've ever read. Seriously. I wasn't expecting to be so taken with this random thing I read, but I was completely mesmerized! I can't wait for the next issue of "Shojo Beat" and the next chapter of the story. Please, please, please check this out if you haven't already. It's a complete jewel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 200 Horror Movies (2019 Edition)

Marvel Legend Wishlist (Updated 2022)

Marvel Legends Wishlist (Updated 2023)