Previews: February '06

What goodies are in store for us in February of next year...?

Antarctic Press:
- Alice In Wonderland #1 (of 4) - The cover of this solicitation caught my attention, but I didn't realize it was the creator of Neotopia until I read the captions later.

Archaia Studios Press:
- Mouse Guard: Belly of the Beast #1 (of 6) - This looks so damn cute. I love the art of the series.

Dark Horse:
- Hellboy: Makoma, or, A Tale Told By a Mummu in the New York City Explorers' Club on August 16, 1993 #1 (of 2) - Mike Mignola on a new Hellboy mini!

- Lady Snowblood (volume 3): Retribution part 1 - The first Lady Snowblood trade was great. It's a treat when I see a new one is coming out.

- Octopus Girl (volume 1) - The cover for this book looks awesome. You gotta love those great Japanese horror manga.

DC:
- Showcase Presents: House of Mystery (volume 1) - Isn't that a great cover? This volume includes work by artists such as Gil Kane and Neal Adams.

- Manhunter #19 - A new Manhunter is always welcome in my book. The first trade comes out fairly quickly if anyone wants to read the best DCU book out there presently.

- Seven Soldiers: Bulleteer #3 (of 4) - Another great cover to another great series.

- Seven Soldiers: Frankenstein #3 (of 4) - I was blown away by the debut of this Seven Soldiers series.

- Kid Eternity TP - I hadn't heard of this before, but Patrick said he'd heard it was a really underappreciated work by the creator.

Fantagraphics Books:
- The Comics Journal #274 - An interview with Abadazad creator Mike Ploog!

IDW Publishing:
- Night Mary TP - This has a cool premise. I've been meaning to check it out and now I'll get the chance.

- Dampyr (volume 10): House of Blood - Another installment of the great horror series.

Image Comics:
- The Portent #1 - This looks like a neat new series. There's a four-page preview with really nice art (reminiscent of Mignola) from Peter Bergting.

- Mora (volume 1): The Beast Will Show Their Teeth - This is one crazy good series. I really wasn't expecting it to be collected. Check this out!

Infinity Studios:
- Blood Alone (volume 1) - Another cool horror premise, although this is more of a love story, it seems, about a vampire girl. It comes with a slip cover and what a cover it has! I'll definitely check this out.

Marvel:
- Astonishing X-Men #13 - The triumphant return of the Whedon/Cassaday title! Yay!

- X-Men: Apocalypse/ Dracula #1 (of 4) - Cool cover. I...may check this out. Maybe.

- Giant-Size Ms. Marvel #1 - This could be fun - a bunch of reprints of old Ms. Marvel comics, and a new short story.

Narwain Publishing:
- Jenna TP - I wanted to check this out, but never saw the first issue...guess I'll be getting the trade!

Tokyopop:
- Someday's Dreamers (volume 1) - This has really pretty art, but by god, I hate when they compare series to other things. This does it twice - I guess it's a cross between Joan of Arcadia and Sabrina the Teenage Witch, as well as Harry Potter and Sailor Moon. So, what the hell does that mean?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 200 Horror Movies (2019 Edition)

Marvel Legend Wishlist (Updated 2022)

Marvel Legends Wishlist (Updated 2023)