Manga Monday: Nana

Nana (Volume 8)
Ai Yazawa

Volume eight of Nana picks up where its run in Shojo Beat left off, as the book takes a turn in a more mature direction. Things come to a head for Hachi and emotions run high as a huge event takes place that damages and changes the relationships of those involved. I knew that there was a big event coming up in the book that really shook things up, but honestly, I was not expecting what occurred and I'm not sure how I feel about it. Things will change and it's going to be interesting, if anything. Even the secondary characters of the story are intriguing at this point, like Shin and Reira, who have their own...dysfunctions. Anyways, all I know is that I've grown really attached to Nobu and the events leave him in a bad spot, while Hachi and Osaki's interesting relationship is more strained than ever. In the end, I'm just amazed, as usual, with Yazawa's storytelling prowess and consistently beautiful, soft art. I'm glad that these volumes are going to be coming out more frequently with its departure from Shojo Beat - I'm not sure I could take any more of a wait between volumes, the tension and suspense is just thicker than it's ever been!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 200 Horror Movies (2019 Edition)

Marvel Legend Wishlist (Updated 2022)

Marvel Legends Wishlist (Updated 2023)