X-Men: Messiah Complex #1

Ed Brubaker & Marc Silvestri

Very few good crossovers have occurred in the Marvel Universe. And X-Men: Messiah Complex is off to a pretty lame start. I think I got my hopes up a bit for the event, with Brubaker at the helm, hopes that were slightly diminished by the Marc Silvestri interior art (I'm not a fan), and were completely dashed by the end of this one-shot where one little event that was bound to happen actually occurred and that's that: a whole crossover event surrounding the circumstances, prompting people to follow a string of books they wouldn't normally read for a crappy little back-up story. I'm probably being a bit harsh, but I can't be the only one who saw that Endangered Species was a piece of crap in terms of story, art and cringe-worthy dialogue. But people buy into it, so these sorts of things keep rearing their ugly heads. I expected much better from the hand of Brubaker, but he could surprise me yet and turn this pretty underwhelming start into something worth the pages it's printed on. F

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 200 Horror Movies (2019 Edition)

Marvel Legend Wishlist (Updated 2022)

Marvel Legends Wishlist (Updated 2023)