Picks of the Week: 7/11

Patrick's Pick:

Devil Dinosaur by Jack Kirby Omnibus HC & Jack Kirby’s Silver Star HC - I only just purchased the first volume of Jack Kirby’s Fourth World Omnibus, and now here are two more deluxe hardcovers collecting the King’s work for immediate ogling and eventual purchase! I think Devil Dinosaur has a reputation for being one of Kirby’s worst series, but I had the opportunity to view some original art from the series as part of the recent Masters of American Comics exhibit, and I have to say, it was pretty damned amazing. I don’t know if any of that comes through in the printed comic books, but I’m eager to find out. Silver Star was Kirby’s last original creation before his death, and I don’t know much about it other than that I think it was originally developed as a concept for a film? In any case, a lot of this material can probably be found for pretty cheap in discount bins and comics conventions, but format fanatics will want to get their hands on these volumes regardless. Long Live the King!
.
Dave's Pick:

Nextwave: Agents of H.A.T.E. (Volume 2): I Kick Your Face Premiere HC - Collecting the final issues of Warren Ellis’ and Stuart Immonen’s in-your-face self-aware acclaimed superhero book, this hardcover collection is 144 pages of fantastic art, great battles and goofy one-liners featuring a D-list of mutants, androids and general superhumans.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 200 Horror Movies (2019 Edition)

Marvel Legend Wishlist (Updated 2022)

Marvel Legends Wishlist (Updated 2023)