DC Solicits: August '06

DC has released their list of titles shipping in August, so I'll be highlighting some things you may want to ponder picking up. Check out the full list at Newsarama.

Manhunter #25 - I saw the news before I read the solicitation for this issue. This will be the last issue of the series. It really sucks, because I love Kate Spencer and it's such a great title. I think this is the first book that's been cancelled while I was reading it that I really felt sad about since the original Excalibur ended back in the day. This is the only DC Universe title I currently read aside from the new Blue Beetle. It's too bad not enough people were reading it despite the acclaim, but at least we had a great run. Sigh. (Also, I should note that another acclaimed DC book, Solo, will have its final issue this month, with issue #12, featuring the art of Walden Wong).

Showcase Presents: Batman (volume 1) TP - It was only a matter of time. DC couldn't have really held this one off much longer.

Showcase Presents: Challengers of the Unknown (volume 1) TP - This is actually an advance solicitation and won't be released until September 27th, but it's good to know that it's on its way. Featuring work by none other than Jack Kirby!

The Creeper #1 - The man who put IDW Publishing on the map, Steve Niles (30 Days of Night), will work his horror master mojo on DC's Creeper this month. I love that creepy cover by Justiniano, who will also be illustrating the book with Walden Wong.

Pride of Baghdad HC - From the mind of Brian K. Vaughan of Runaways and Y-the Last Man, comes an original graphic novel with art by Niko Henrichon about four lions who escape a zoo in Baghdad to wander the streets, giving a look into Iraq through their perspective. Could be cool.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 200 Horror Movies (2019 Edition)

Marvel Legend Wishlist (Updated 2022)

Marvel Legends Wishlist (Updated 2023)