In the Meantime

It was a pretty small week for comics. The only floppies I got were Strangetown and Moon Knight (reviews forthcoming). I really wanted to pick up the first trade of Octopus Girl, but Patrick gets a discount where he works, so I'll suffer to wait a couple of weeks until it's out in bookstores. I have other trades to read in the meantime, like Luba.

The Eisner Award nominations are up over at Comic Book Resources. Probably the most exciting category is "Best Archival Collection/Project-Comic Strips," which has five great nominees, all of whom would be a shoe-in in years past. I would be happy to see any one of them win: Walt & Skeezix, Complete Peanuts, Complete Calvin & Hobbes, Krazy & Ignatz and Little Nemo In Slumberland. Least likely to receive the honor are ones that have been around for a few years: Peanuts and Krazy & Ignatz, and God does that say a lot about the current state of comic strip reprints.

Moving away from the topic of comics, I really enjoyed So Notorious (No-Tori-Ous) on VH1 recently. It's Tori Spelling's new comedy/reality show. I thought it looked crappy when I saw previews, but I really enjoy it. Though, admittedly, I do have some weird taste when it domes to comedy. For the most part, I find an occasional joke on Buffy funnier than something like a half-hour of Friends, but I do enjoy, for example, the stand-up of Kathy Griffin, Drawn Together and dark comedies like Jawbreaker that aren't really laugh-out-loud. And now So Notorious does it for me too.

Accidentally coming across some really hot pictures of Jason Behr, of Roswell fame, he has been reestablished as my big crush for now. Take a look...










































































I mean, can you really blame me here? Okay, one more...

















Until next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 200 Horror Movies (2019 Edition)

Marvel Legend Wishlist (Updated 2022)

Marvel Legends Wishlist (Updated 2023)