American Elf

I've just gotten through James Kochalka's American Elf, the collection of his Sketchbook Diaries. And seriously, reading these strips just made me really happy. Each one of them just had this feel about them, whether they were hilarious, cutesy or just strange, they resonated. I think it has a lot to do with the Magic Boy character that Kochalka adopts when writing about these little moments from his life. He's a little childish, sometimes angry, sometimes stubborn, but overall just extremely likable. Reading this, I would think, gosh I would really like it if James Kochalka were my friend. lol. But anyways, I've read Kochalka's Peanut Butter and Jeremy's Best Book Ever and, of course, Superf*ckers, but this is his opus. This is where you should be looking to get premium Kochalka goodness. Check out his strips at his American Elf site, updated daily, if you want to see what I'm talking about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 200 Horror Movies (2019 Edition)

Marvel Legend Wishlist (Updated 2022)

Marvel Legends Wishlist (Updated 2023)