Films of 2006

Over at Ain't It Cool News, they've listed 80 films to watch out for in 2006, and I wanted to highlight a few that sound cool.

Black Snake Moan - a film with a nymohomaniac Christina Ricci, Samuel L. Jackson and...Justin Timberlake. And he's supposed to be blowing people away with his performance. (I'll be happy if he takes his shirt off a few times...)

Marie Antoinette - Sophia Coppola's new film has a lot to live up to in the wake of Lost in Translation, but I have faith.

Superman Returns - duh.

X3 - I'm a little nervous about Brett Ratner filling in and adding so many new faces to the franchise since Bryan Singer's departure, but God, I loved X2 and I have to believe this will be cool...and Kitty's in it, man! And look at that actress playing Psylocke. Awesome!

Grind House - Quentin Tarantino is a god. And hey, I love horror movies.

V For Vendetta - I just read the graphic novel, and Ain't It Cool News has just been hyping up the film, so I gotta give it the benefit of the doubt.

Brick - Film noir for teens. And Joseph Gordan-Levitt, who was hot and just great in Mysterious Skin.

Art School Confidential - From the Daniel Clowes short strip. Ghost World was awesome, so expectations are high here...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 200 Horror Movies (2019 Edition)

Marvel Legend Wishlist (Updated 2022)

Marvel Legends Wishlist (Updated 2023)