In passing...9/18

Shojo Beat came out with its fourth issue this week (at least in book stores). I read Absolute Boyfriend, not because it's the greatest manga, but it's a quick read and it's kinda fun. The real treasure in this magazine is of course, Ai Yazawa's Nana. Not much happens in this chapter, but the first Nana (Komatsu) seemed to resemble Miwako from Paradise Kiss a little more than she has.

Ultimate X-Men #63 - Okay, as much as I like Polaris and Kitty, this book is just kind of boring. This is my last issue. Again.

The Pulse #11 - New storyline. Michael Gaydos. Finally. But did we really expect Bendis to get around to a certain event in the first issue of the story arc? Of course not. I really liked the dialogue in this issue, which is a must since that's kind of...all the issue was...

All-Star Batman and Robin, the Boy Wonder #2 - Batman's off his rocker and has kidnapped a traumatized youngster. What else is their to say? Check out Jog's thoughts on the title.

Fell #1 - I'm a little late on this one, but I think all that's needed to be said about it has been. Warren Ellis once again is a master of setting atmosphere (Templesmith was the perfect choice to illustrate this book), and packed a whole lot of story in a skimpy comic and managed to make it feel like we were reading forty pages worth of material. Ellis did an awesome job and has given us some cool, quirky characters.


Book I'm reading: Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert

In my Netflix queue:
My Bloody Valentine (yeah, we're starting out horror marathon for Halloween a little early)
Godzilla: King of the Monsters
Lain #2: Knights (still)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 200 Horror Movies (2019 Edition)

Marvel Legend Wishlist (Updated 2022)

Marvel Legends Wishlist (Updated 2023)