Blankets

Continuing my adventure through the important graphic novels in the alternative world, I've finished Blankets, Craig Thompson's highly-acclaimed book. I know it's the obvious choice, given it's probably the one given most press, but I loved it. It was a thoroughly enjoying read. It was a little sentimental and sappy in some parts, but I think it was a great portrayal of life as an outsider, told from the point-of-view of someone growing up in a very religious Christian household. Full of self-doubt, painful memories and disappointments, I think this is the perfect book for anyone who wants to try out an alternative press book. It's really very easy to get into, the style isn't too far out there, and it's just a really great read. I'm surprised that a lot of people think this book has been so overrated. It may not be the best graphic novel in the history of the medium or anything, but it is one of the better ones and it really fills a void that was there before. It is a damn thick book, but I promise, it goes by really quick and is well worth the effort. Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 200 Horror Movies (2019 Edition)

Marvel Legend Wishlist (Updated 2022)

Marvel Legends Wish List