Toys

With VH1 counting down the top 100 toys in their special mini-series "I Love Toys" this week, I thought I would list some of my favorite toys from my youth...

My ten favorite toys...
1. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles action figures
2. X-Men action figures
3. My Pet Monster
4. Nintendo
5. He-Man/She-Ra action figures
6. Jump rope (Including chinese jumpropes!)
7. Bicycle
8. Lite Brite
9. Crayola crayons
10. Matchbox cars

My five favorite boardgames...
1. Clue (I would always be Miss Peacock)
2. Guess Who? (My favorite was Maria. She wore a green beret)
3. Peanuts (Did anyone else play this?)
4. Battleship
5. Monopoly

Stuffed animals I collected...
- Tiny Toons
- Popples
- Care Bears
- My Pet Monsters (including the My Monster Pet puppets)

I played with a core group of figures whenever I busted out the action figures, including these guys...
Futura (Filmation Ghostbusters) - I don't know if anyone remembers this girl, let alone the cartoon she came from, but I loved this purple-skinned vixen from the future. One of my favorite things to play was "Detective Futura" where she would try to figure out which other toy committed a crime.

Teela (He-Man and the Masters of the Universe)

April O'Neil (Teenage mutant Ninja Turtles) - The original figure

Butterbear (Wuzzles) - The Wuzzles were half one animal and half of another. Butterbear was half butterfly, half bear.

Occulus O. Orbis (Mad Balls) - I collected mad balls - spongy balls of different monster's heads. This one was just a big eyeball. I bought four of these eyeballs in all, including one that could squirt water. I affectionately named them "The Ocs."

Chuck Norris - Chuck Norris had action figures. He was shirtless. He was Teela's boyfriend.

Wily Kit and Wily Kat (Thundercats) - They were on stands and couldn't move their feet, but somehow they worked...

Ace Duck (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)

Steelheart (Silver Hawks) - Now this cartoon has to be one of the obscurist...

Gadget (Rescue Rangers) - I think I got this one out of a McDonald's happy meal

Rock N' Roller Fry Guy (although she was a girl...) - This yellow fry guy from McDonald's wore roller skates and headphones.

My core villains...
Evil Lynn (He-Man and the Masters of the Universe)

Leech (She-Ra) - He could stick to things with his suction-cup mouth.

Grizzlor (She-Ra) - He was furry.

Mosquitor (She-Ra) - He had a pump that made "blood" run down the mosquito symbol on his chest

Mumra (Thundercats) - The bandaged mummy version that couldn't move his arms or anything.

Slash (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) - An evil turtle with a patch over one eye

Scared Stiff (Filmation Ghostbusters)

Ah, the good ol' days...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 200 Horror Movies (2019 Edition)

Marvel Legend Wishlist (Updated 2022)

Marvel Legends Wish List