Previews: June 2006

Abrams Books:
Art Out of Time: Unknown Comics Visionaries (1900-1969) - Created by Dan Nadel, with hundreds of illustrations, I think thsi one speaks for itself.

Amaze Ink/Slave Labor Graphics:
Gargoyles #1 - The Disney cartoon continues here following the events of season two of the terrific show (ignoring the horrendous Goliath Chronicles). The original series creators lovingly return to their opus.

Antarctic Press:
Oz: The Manga (volume 1) - This one's been on my periphery for awhile, but I hadn't heard too much about it. It looks really nice though, especially framed by all of the critical acclaim, so it may be time to check it out now that it's collected.

Archaia Studios Press:
Artesia Besieged #1 - Mark Smylie's epic resumes! This series is fantastic with some of the best art that I've ever seen. Unforunately, I collect the trades, so it'll probably be a while before I get my hands on the complete next chapter...

Ballantine Books:
Flight (volume 3) - The acclaimed anthology continues with a very pretty cover.

Dark Horse:
Museum of Terror (volume 1) - This is a new presentation of Junji Ito's horror series Tomie. I actually have an older presentation of Tomie material, published by comicsone, but it's really quite ugly. This looks to be a nice showcase of the, well, grotesque world surrounding the zombie girl. I liked Ito's Uzamaki, so this will be a nice little addition to the artist's work.

DC Comics:
Manifest Eternity #1 - I'm not sure if this is really going to be any good, but it sounds kind of interesting, about an intergalactic war, where each issue showcases a specific group involved in the conflict. Nice art by Dustin Nguyen.

Sloth HC - Gilbert Hernandez' Vertigo project finally sees light! I heard about this one years ago at a convention, about a man who wills himself into a coma and awakens a year later to walk along at a sloth-like speed. There's some great preview art over at Newsarama.

Devil's Due Publishing:
Nightwolf: The Price #1 (of 5) - I don't know why this appeals to me. Maybe just because I've been itching for a good werewolf comic. It sounds neat, about a werewolf who imprints the scent of evil men before he changes, to hunt them down instead of innocents. And I like the cover.

Fantagraphics:
Mome (volume 4) - More Mome! With contributions by Gabrielle Bell, David Heatley, etc.

Marvel:
Essential Savage She-Hulk (volume 1) - It's about time for this collection. Though I would have been more excited by Sensational She-Hulk...

Eternals #1 - Neil Gaiman is hit and miss with me (1602 vs. Sandman), but I love The Eternals, so I have to at least check it out... Plus, art by John Romita Jr.

Eternals by Jack Kirby HC - Very cool that this is being collected. $75, though? Hmmm...let's maybe wait for a softcover?

X-Men Fairy Tales #2 (of 4) - Although it's only four issues long, I think this series could be really cool - art by a different creator each time, taking myths from different cultures, and using X-Men characters to sell the art. Cool idea, at least.

Melody Nadia Shickley:
In the Hands of Boys #1 (of 2) - I just thought the cover looked really nice...

Top Shelf:
Super F*****s #3 - James Kochalka's hilarious series continues!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 200 Horror Movies (2019 Edition)

Marvel Legend Wishlist (Updated 2022)

Marvel Legends Wish List