Spider-woman: Origin

Like most people around this time of year, I've been busy at work and shopping for presents, so I haven't been updating as often as I wish I could. I'll be going home for Christmas for a few days starting tomorrow as well, so I won't have time to read comics, let alone discuss them, but I promise to be more consistent when I return. Yesterday, a UPS truck broke down on its way to Wisconsin, so no Wisconsin comic stores received their shipments until today, which was annoying enough, but hey, I got them and that's what counts, right? (well, all but Grimoire #7 and Mome, but that's the local store's fault for not ordering enough) But anyways, I did have time to read a comic before I resume packing and head in to my last day at work before having a five day stretch off...

Spider-woman: Origin #1, written by Brian Michael Bendis and Brian Reed, with art by the Luna Brothers (favorites of mine)! The rise of Jessica Drew... This issue was pretty basic, lending its origin from the Hulk movie for the most part. I thought that Jonathon Luna was a little stiff with his art this time around, which was a little disappointing, but for the most part, he did a great job. I may be the only one who sees this, but I swear there's a little Hernandez Brothers influence in his artwork. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he said he was a huge Love & Rockets fan. Even though I wasn't blown away by this issue, I'm certainly not ready to write it off yet. It's about on par with most superhero stuff out there - I just hope it improves as it goes on, like the ending of this issue seemed to indicate it would...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 200 Horror Movies (2019 Edition)

Marvel Legend Wishlist (Updated 2022)

Marvel Legends Wish List