Obligation fulfilled

I actually kept my New Year's resolution this year. Since graduating with my English BA degree, I haven't read much in terms of novels. Last year, I read only three books the entire year. Which was totally pathetic, having had to read two or three books a month in college. So, my New Year's resolution for this year was to read at least one novel a month. And I did.

January: Mansfield Park ~ Jane Austin
February: The Folding Star ~ Alan Hollinghurst
March: Northanger Abbey ~ Jane Austin
April: From Hell ~ Alan Moore/Eddie Campbell
May: Pride and Prejudice ~ Jane Austin
June: Little Women ~ Louisa May Alcott
July: Persuasion ~ Jane Austin
August: The Mysteries of Udolpho ~ Ann Radcliffe
September: Mysterious Skin ~ Scott Heim
October: The Diary of a Teenage Girl ~ Phoebe Gloeckner
November: Madame Bovary ~ Gustave Flaubert
December: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone ~ J.K. Rowling

Obviously I finished my December book well ahead of schedule, so if anyone thinks From Hell was a cheat since its a graphic novel can be rest assured that I will have completed the next Harry Potter book by the end of the year.

I definitely loved The Mysteries of Udolpho the best of all that I read. Pride and Prejudice, Mysterious Skin, The Folding Star and Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone were among the best of the rest. Little Women was the worst of the books, with Madame Bovary ending at a close second. Any of the other books I would recommend however, but I'd start with Pride and Prejudice for the Jane Austin books and Ann Radcliffe above all else.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 200 Horror Movies (2019 Edition)

Marvel Legend Wishlist (Updated 2022)

Marvel Legends Wishlist (Updated 2023)