San Diego

There weren't too many really cool announcements out of San Diego's con this year, but there were a few highlights for me. I loved hearing about "Abadazad," because I just loved that series, and it's nice to know that I can expect to see something come from Disney early next year. I'm still crossing my fingers for more "Meridian" and "Mystic" comics. You can check out the article at Newsarama here: http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=fc867ad13de378069bf0845173a2a41e&threadid=38374

Another exciting announcement was about the new "Fables" original graphic novel, "1,001 Nights of Snowfall." I've been waiting for the announcement of the next OGN for awhile now, since it was mentioned to be in the works. This one's about Snow White, obviously a spoof of "1,001 Arabian Nights." Also coming from "Fables" - "Jack of Fables." I'm not too keen on this character, especially given the two-story arc that followed his adventure out of Fabletown was easily the worst of the entire series. But, who knows, right? I'll try the first iss is anything.

A couple of small things that also caught my attention: a new "X-Factor" series ala "The-X-Files." I think they already did X-Force ala "The X-Files" before Peter Milligan put his unique spin on the series, but hey, Marvel's all about reinvigorating lame, failed properties, so what the heck, right? Anyways, there was a good run on "X-Factor," I think, but it was nothing involving Strong Guy and Forge and such, as this sounds to be. I hear the "Madrox" mini-series was good though, so maybe with that in mind, this could have some potential. I'm not holding my breath, though.

The other cool little thing: Ultimate Silver Sable. Oh, yeah. I love her. It's about time.

Probably the best thing to come out of the convention was Oni's panel. Is it just me or is Oni Press shaping up to be a really neat little company? "The Adventures of Fearless Griggs," "Strange Town," "Borrowed Time" and "Past Lies" all sound really cool (along with Ted Naifeh's "Polly and the Pirates," of course). Check out the full creator info and list at: http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=5611

I'm hoping to go to San Diego next year, but I'll just have to settle with Chicago this year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 200 Horror Movies (2019 Edition)

Marvel Legend Wishlist (Updated 2022)

Marvel Legends Wishlist (Updated 2023)