Picks of the Week: 8/15

And once again, we take a stab at the best bets to spend you money on this week at the local comic store…

Dave’s Pick:

Undertown (Volume 1) - It’s not too exciting of a week for comics unfortunately, but I did notice this new manga coming out from Tokyopop that looked kind of neat. I noticed it at my Barnes & Noble the other day and it has some pretty nice art inside. It’s from Jim Pascoe and Jake Myler, about a boy who escapes the tragedy of his life with his teddy bear into a world beneath his bed. Very much like Lions, Tigers and Bears and Lullaby and plenty of other new all-ages books with little children and cutesy animals. I can’t really vouch that this is much different, not having read it, but it’s worth a look at least.

Patrick’s Pick:

Dogs and Water Definitive Edition HC

This graphic novel from the talented cartoonist Anders Nilsen has been on my “to read” list for quite some time now. I’m not sure what the difference is between this and the previously released soft cover edition except for the obvious, but it’s definitely worth checking out, if, like myself, you haven’t already.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 200 Horror Movies (2019 Edition)

Marvel Legend Wishlist (Updated 2022)

Marvel Legends Wish List