Usagi Yojimbo

I finally read Stan Sagai's "Usagi Yojimbo," book one. I don't know why there was a point in my past where I picked this up and put it down after a quick flip-through of the book. It was really great. I think delving into manga and other forms of comics art that I don't see in superhero comics just kind of changed my boundaries for what I like a bit, without my really noticing it. When I saw this at the convention and picked it up, it looked fine, and it was. And upon closer inspection, the art is really more than great. Sagai's shading, detailed backgrounds and cartooning all come together to make a really gorgeous work. The story is pretty much a series of short stories that follow Usagi on his adventures through a continuity that sees recurring characters. There's not much to it, but it does have an epic feel and I'm glad I had the chance to experience it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 200 Horror Movies (2019 Edition)

Marvel Legend Wishlist (Updated 2022)

Marvel Legends Wishlist (Updated 2023)