Picks of the Week: 6/27

Patrick's Pick:

The Art of Bone - Well, this is nice. I just this morning finished reading Jeff Smith’s entire Bone saga for the first time, and now this companion to the series is published. Bone was an absolute masterpiece, so I’ll definitely be checking this book out. I’ve not read the other Dark Horse published “The Art of…” books (I know there are volumes for Frank Miller’s Sin City and Mike Mignola’s Hellboy), but this one is said to feature lots of neat behind-the-scenes tidbits like homemade comics, promotional material, sketches, etc. I can’t imagine this would appeal to folks who’ve not read the series, so consider this a heads up to those who have.

Dave's Pick:
Apollo's Song - I was blown away by the last Osama Tezuka work printed from Vertical, Ode To Kirihito. This is another one-volume edition of classic Tezuka from the 70's. Over 500 pages of great art and story from the master. If you're going to get one book this week, this should be the one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 200 Horror Movies (2019 Edition)

Marvel Legend Wishlist (Updated 2022)

Marvel Legends Wish List