Pick of the Week 7/18

Here is the book you should be paying attention to, in comic shops Wednesday...


Captain Marvel #1 - I loved the last ongoing series featuring Ms. Marvel, so I'm excited to see Carol Danvers getting a new series as she steps into her new role.  This one's brought to readers by Kelly Sue DeConnick and Dexter Soy.

Other Noteworthy Releases
Adventures of Venus HC
American Elf: Sketchbook Diaries of James Kolchalka (Volume 4): 2008-2011 TP
Angel Para Bellum (Volume 1)
Ghost Rider: The Complete Series by Rob Williams TP
Herc: The Complete Series by Pak and Lente TP
Men of War (Volume 1): Uneasy Company TP
Not the Israel My Parents Promised Me GN
Ooku: The Inner Chambers (Volume 7)
Showcase Presents: Rip Hunter, Time Master (Volume 1) TP
Smurfs (Volume 12): Smurfs Versus Smurfs HC/SC
The Stuff of Legend Omnibus (Volume 1) HC
Wandering Son (Volume 3) HC

Comments

Arion said…
Is Dexter Soy a good artist? I think I've never seen anything by him...

Anyway, I read your Frankenstein Alive Alive post. I've been a Wrightson fan since I was a kid, and now that I have the chance to appreciate his art in glorious black and white in Frankenstein Alive Alive I'm just thrilled. Obviously, I decided to review the first issue here:

www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Feel free to stop by and leave a comment. I'd love to hear your opinion .

Cheers.
It's not the sort of art I usually get excited about, to be honest, but go ahead and decide for yourself. Here's some preview art: http://marvel.com/images/gallery/story/18290/images_from_wondercon_2012_captain_marvel/image/909533

Popular posts from this blog

Top 200 Horror Movies (2019 Edition)

Marvel Legend Wishlist (Updated 2022)

Marvel Legends Wish List