Best in Music: 2021 (and 2020)

Like most art, music is subjective, a product of environment, exposure and innate feelings. I personally respond to sound more than lyrics, as music is an audio medium, and I gravitate toward interesting sounds, epic crescendo, dance beats and smooth vocals. I prefer female singers, in the singer/songwriter, alternative, pop/rock and dance genres. My list here is a gut reaction to what resonates with me, and I hope someone discovers something from this list that they enjoy as much as I do.

I really wasn't in a headspace to sort through music to compile a list last year, so along with my favorite songs from 2021, I have created a separate list for songs from 2020. Following these, I have my favorite albums from both years ranked together. Enjoy!


20 Best Songs of 2021:

1. Comeback by HAERTS

2. Surrender by Birdy

3. Purge the Poison by MARINA

4. Drugs in California by Transviolet

5. Shivering by HAERTS

6. Think of Me by The Veronicas

7. Horsie by Kate Nash

8. deja vu by Olivia Rodrigo

9. Met Him Last Night (Dave Aude Remix) by Demi Lovato with Ariana Grande and Dave Aude

10. The Island by Laura Jansen

11. Didn't Want to Go by Slumberville and Lily Kershaw

12. Summer Fling by Nina Nesbitt

13. drivers license by Olivia Rodrigo

14. What It Feels Like by Natalie Imbruglia

15. Dance For the Hell Of It by LOVA

16. NDA by Billie Eilish

17. star-crossed by Kacey Musgraves

18. Flux by Poppy

19. 15 Minutes by Julian Lamadrid

20. Life's a Bitch (L.A.B.) by Nina Nesbitt


20 Best Songs of 2020:

1. Dress by Charlotte Sands

2. Easy by Troye Sivan with Kacey Musgraves and Mark Ronson

3. Beautiful by The Avener and Bipolar Sunshine

4. Climb by Blondfire

5. Ur So F**kInG cOoL by Tones and I

6. I Love Me by Demi Lovato

7. champagne problems by Taylor Swift

8. Joan of Arc on the Dance Floor by Aly & AJ

9. Forever by Nicole Atkins

10. Exist for Love by AURORA

11. Long Time Coming by Caitlyn Smith

12. Joke's On You by Charlotte Lawrence

13. STUD by Troye Sivan

14. Either Way by Anna Sofia

15. H.E.A.V.E.N. by Ava Max

16. Before You Go by Lewis Capaldi

17. Plastic Hearts by Miley Cyrus

18. Stayaway (Now, Now Remix) by MUNA with Now, Now

19. Therefore I Am by Billie Eilish

20. All (Your) Fault by Halo Kitsch


10 Best Albums of 2020/2021:

1. Dream Nation by HAERTS
Key Tracks: Comeback, Shivering, Night Calls

2. Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land by MARINA
Key Tracks: Purge the Poison, Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land, I Love You But I Love Me More

3. Heaven & Hell by Ava MaxKey Tracks: Salt, Sweet but Psycho, H.E.A.V.E.N.

4. SOUR by Olivia Rodrigo
Key Tracks: deja vu, drivers license, traitor

5. evermore by Taylor Swift
Key Tracks: champagne problems, long story short, no body, no crime (Featuring HAIM)

6. In a Dream EP by Troye Sivan
Key Tracks: Easy, STUD, could cry just thinkin about you

7. folklore by Taylor Swift
Key Tracks: seven, exile (featuring Bon Iver), cardigan

8. Dancing With the Devil...The Art of Starting Over by Demi Lovato
Key Tracks: Met Him Last Night (featuring Ariana Grande), Carefully, What Other People Say (with Sam Fischer)

9. Divinely Uninspired To a Hellish Extent (Extended Edition) by Lewis Capaldi
Key Tracks: Before You Go, Someone You Loved, Forever

10. Happier Than Ever by Billie Eilish
Key Tracks: NDA, Therefore I Am, I Didn't Change My Number

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 200 Horror Movies (2019 Edition)

Marvel Legend Wishlist (Updated 2022)

Marvel Legends Wish List