Rant: What's wrong with Justin Timberlake?

I don't get it when people say that they won't see a movie with Justin Timberlake in it. His performance in Alpha Dog is supposed to good, but because it's Justin, people won't see it. And people say they "can't stand" Sarah Michelle Gellar or Katie Holmes. I personally don't like Tom Hanks' performances because I think he overacts in a manner that I find abrasive, but that's the art and is fair game. Not liking a celebrity is just kind of immature. Because they're a celebrity, people suddenly have the right to make snap judgments? How would these people like the same treatment? I'm prone to like celebrity gossip as much as the next person, but some people are just so mean-spirited toward celebrities. Is Sarah Michelle Gellar too pretty, and women are jealous? Does Katie Holmes remind someone of a stepsister? I don't get it. Justin Timberlake is extremely talented. He's a great performer, great songwriter and singer, and he can act. And he's gorgeous. Yeah, get over it. Just because the guy's talented is no reason to hate the guy. Think he's overrated? Fine. But being so mean-spirited toward him doesn't make sense to me. There's the argument that he got a break because of his looks, and I say so what. Sure, there may be someone out there who's ugly who's extremely talented, but I still don't think they could do specifically what Timberlake does merely because he is so good-looking; He has a confidence that someone who's not as attractive would lack, and that lack of confidence would carry over into performances, songwriting and yes, acting. People who weren't blessed with the model gene can be great at these sort of things too, but I don't want to see them performing while singing "Sexyback." All this jealousy and viciousness just drives me crazy. Even I found a few performances by Tom Hanks to be subdued enough to enjoy. Just ask yourself why you "can't stand" that celebrity and see if you can come up with any good answers before spouting opinions grounded in jealousy.

Comments

Brian Cronin said…
Yeah, it's idiotic.

If you watch Timberlake act and he sucks, fine, say he sucks.

But "It must suck because it is Justin Timberlake" is just so dumb.

Popular posts from this blog

Top 200 Horror Movies (2019 Edition)

Marvel Legend Wishlist (Updated 2022)

Marvel Legends Wish List