Moon Knight

Wow. We're in a golden age of comics. I didn't realize they made them this bad anymore. Moon Knight #1 by Charlie Huston and David Finch propels yet another Marvel D-List hero into the forefront in his own book. The only difference between this book and books like Next Wave, Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk is that this one blows. And I'm not just talking about the atrocious art (anyone who's read my blog regularly will know that I can't stand David Finch), but everything about the thing. The inner dialogue of the protagonist is extremely annoying. At the beginning of the issue, he goes through what all of the other Marvel heroes do: Fantastic Four fight monsters, X-Men battle Magneto, Avengers prevent alien invasions, Spider-man gets the B-List villains, Daredevil has Hell's Kitchen. Finally he gets to himself and deadpan, thinks "Someone had to do the fun stuff." Come on! This book takes itself way too seriously (the guy rides in a cresent-shaped ship for Pete's sake!), tries to distinguish itself from other Marvel books by making them sound cooler, and God, the ending is just the kicker. Completely overdone and melodramatic. I almost wet myself it was so bad (Seriously. And I mean completely serious: the guy lunges out of his wheelchair to get to his last pill to stop the pain!) Where the hell did they dig up this hack writer? But anyways, I have to look on the bright side: Thank you Marvel, for taking David Finch off of New Avengers and assigning him to this piece of crap that I won't be subjecting myself to every month. Make mine Marvel!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 200 Horror Movies (2019 Edition)

Marvel Legend Wishlist (Updated 2022)

Marvel Legends Wishlist (Updated 2023)